Buko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrojack

Hello! I’ve had this baby beardie named Buko for about 2 weeks now. I think he’s almost 3 months old? He likes climbing, basking in strange positions and gorging on crickets/roaches. He hates baths and all veggies/fruits at the moment (have tried collards, kale, butternut squash, sweet potato, green beans , strawberries, mangoes and more). His tail has always been dark with a kink at the end and he just finished his first full shed since I’ve had him. A little worried it’s tail rot but I’ll keep and eye out. Can’t wait to see him grow more!
109416-5488856668.jpg
109416-576304784.jpg
109416-1434534127.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you could post a better close up pic of the tail that would help--- as far as eating salads you want him eating those now---- I would get some BSFL to add to the top of those salads -- the movement will get his attention to the bowl-- you can get some other feeders as well from here to also add to the bowl- you will want a glass or ceramic bowl like this to put these worms etc into https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Reptile-Ceramic-Leopard-Bearded/dp/B084VJJWTV?pf_rd_r=R0HNPKXJ2ZARWAT5MPAH&pf_rd_p=c5b6893a-24f2-4a59-9d4b-aff5065c90ec&pd_rd_r=0173f98f-f39b-4d44-9f76-6ae4d88c419b&pd_rd_w=AuGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
Websites for feeders
www.symtonbsf.com/ great place for BSFL
www.aafeeder.com/feeder-worms/superworms/ they have a bundle package check that out-- you can get the small super worms to add to the salad - I would use 1-3 and the BSFL do not dust and use as many as you want they are a good staple feeder for babies
www.reptilianarts.com/ good place for silk worms -- at the moment they are out of bulk which come small and w/ out food - the cupped come w/ food the super worms are sent in a paper in a gunny sack so you will want a plastic container w/ a lid w/ holes and you would need to feed regular oatmeal - I would get the small super worms from somewhere else as most send in a plastic cup w/ food
www.dubiaroaches.com great place for roaches and hornworms order medium they will come small they grow really fast so order small amounts of those they are a good hydrating worm
Try some of those sites see what you can find
Karrie

Astrojack

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips! I have plenty of small dubias and crickets but will definitely order some BSFL and horn worms soon along with a bowl. I still offer him veggies everyday and hide dubias in them but he just seems to pick them out. Since he eats so many roaches/crickets he goes around 1-3x per day and his stools/urate have good structure and are a good color so far.

He doesn’t enjoy being held much yet but I was able to take some pics of his tail this morning. I lightly pinched the tip and he reacted and shot me a dirty look so it seems like he can feel it which is hopefully a good sign!

109416-7316651786.jpg
109416-4518193733.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like its going into shed ---- the BSFL add to the top of the salads --- and dont put any roaches in there until hes eaten from the bowl for like an hr and use the small super worms as well as the horn worms - make sure those horn worms are small and feed them quickly cuz they will out grow him -- he wont be able to eat them if they get too big since hes so small - the super worms would be better for him at this time -- they are small and he would be able to eat them -- keep feeding him this way every morning ---- an hr after he has had time to wake up put those worms in the bowl in front of him to get his attention --
Karrie

saraho

Hatchling Member
My Charlie has a naturally dark tail too. I understand the concern! You're baby looks like a cute one to me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom