Humidity help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Hello everyone :D
We are having a bit of a humidity low problem on hot side. We have a HO Flood light about 16 inches from basking spot compliments to the friend responsible for that flood light it works magic and she loves it so thanks bro. But yeah i thought fixing my temp issues would fix the low humididty she gets on the hot side but it hasnt. So i was curious what can i do on top of misting a few times a day? a plant maybe? does anyone have any adivice on this. If a plant will fix my issue what soil and plant etc is safe and pleasent for them?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
oh and I have always put her bowl of water in that side she actually drinks from it and dunks herself from time to time. whicgh i hear is a blessing because most dont know they can drink from them? does not seem to help the humidity though. I use probes so i know its pretty accurate. I plan on getting a temp gun next pay check, im starting my dubia breeding so im strapped this week>

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Nothing :)

They don't need to have high or even mid level humidity. Naturally, the hot side is going to be less humid than the cool side because of all the heating. That is perfectly fine.

-Brandon

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Ok thankyou Brandon i wasnt sure cause some material that said between 30-40 but like i have found out this is my go to my only place for advice ive came across and trust like i do all other sources have steered me wrong. I still cant believe like those zoo med packs and stuff they sell like one i had purchased half the stuff in it is useless and i found out after the fact. I thought i knew the basics its alot to learn lol we got this though! thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom