Pre-brumation behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bean is 18 months and had recently been losing his mind all day every day. Nothing has changed as far as diet or housing but he spends all day tearing up his cage with a black beard. I've tried to get him out and let him run around but he just wants to go back into his tank. The only other change in him is before he was pooping about twice a week and since this started hes pooping alittle everyday(they look normal). I have never been through brumation with a bearded dragon before and I have heard they can act alittle weird before it starts. I didnt know if anyone has experienced anything similar or had any ideas on what it could be.

His set up is a 40 gallon breeder with a 100-105 basking spot and a reptisun t8 bulb mounted inside the tank. He eats salad almost everyday with collard greens or mustard greens and eats calcium and multi vitamin dusted dubia roaches a few times a week.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is the UVB? It could be hormones - I have never heard of them acting erratically before brumation but coming out they tend to have all kinds of energy ---- and the black beard is another thing that is a sign of pain or distress--- is there another bearded dragon in the house ? Is he by a window that he can see outside and see birds ? Is there another animal that is causing distress?
Karrie

Lyssamichelle96

Original Poster
The UVB is only a few months old but I think I'm just going to replace it and see if that helps. He can't see out of the window in the room and the only newish addition is a leopard gecko who he cant really see so I don't think that's the problem.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so what is the UVB your using you did not say ---- is it a tube or a coil and where in the tank is it?
Karrie

lin66

I’m not an expert like some of the others but I’m just wondering if you’re sure he’s male? I had a beardie before that I thought was a male who was black bearding and digging. It turned out he was a she who was pregnant with unfertilised eggs. Just in case....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom