Craigslist: Why Do I Do This To Myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I really, really, REALLY need to stay off Craigslist... it's the stomping grounds of the ignorant and irresponsible, and it does nothing but irritate the bejeebers out of me. I popped on this afternoon and sure enough, there's a Beardie to be rehomed... there is ALWAYS a Beardie to be rehomed... this one 3 years old, on sand, pic doesn't show much to assess condition. And do I want to rescue the poor thing? Of course I do! Along with all the other poor critters listed there because they had the bad luck to be adopted by negligent losers with fruit fly attention spans.

::sigh::

So I came here to restore my faith in humanity. People here actually care about taking care of their pets, thank goodness.

No, I can't rescue the poor Beardie... when I raised gerbils I was constantly rescuing them and hamsters from uneducated owners, because the local pet stores knew me and would holler when they needed a foster home for a returned pet or accidental litter, but I can't fit another Beardie hab in my computer room. Someday, though, I will have a home with a room devoted to my tank-pets, and THEN I'll be able to do some good for homeless herps. But I won't get them off Craigslist, I think. Those bottom-feeders can live with the consequences of their actions, for all I care... grrr.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
ComicBookMama":2vb01h8v said:
Someday, though, I will have a home with a room devoted to my tank-pets, and THEN I'll be able to do some good for homeless herps.

I'm saving up to do the same. Once I have space I will adopt, rehab, and try to find happy homes for the ones in rough shape. That may include from Craigslist (Darwin was listed there) and I will pay a fee if necessary, not to encourage the behavior, but to take care of the animal who is a victim and needs to be helped if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom