UVA basking light max distance

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Re: UVA basking light max distance

Postby Dkrugg9 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:24 pm

What if I used the 5.0 bulb instead of the 10.0?
Dkrugg9
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:38 pm

A T5 5.0 is similar in strength to the T8 10.0 bulb and has an optimal output at approximately 6-8'' when using a reflector.
CooperDragon

Postby Longfellow777 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:18 pm

i was curious about this thread because i just got the t5 10.0 22 inch. I was told to put it down into the enclosure due to the fact that i have a 40 gallon 18 inches tall, and fine mesh screen. I noticed you mounted the same hood into yours upside down? did that work out for you CooperDragon saw it and seemed to be ok with it so Cooperdragon should i also do that? and what should i use because i dont ever want it falling on Freyja? i want it to be as effective as possible!
The Longfellows
Longfellow777
Hatchling Poster

Postby Dkrugg9 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:45 pm

Longfellow777 wrote:i was curious about this thread because i just got the t5 10.0 22 inch. I was told to put it down into the enclosure due to the fact that i have a 40 gallon 18 inches tall, and fine mesh screen. I noticed you mounted the same hood into yours upside down? did that work out for you CooperDragon saw it and seemed to be ok with it so Cooperdragon should i also do that? and what should i use because i dont ever want it falling on Freyja? i want it to be as effective as possible!

I ended up using wire and hanging directly from the screen top.
Dkrugg9
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Enclosures