What size cooling fan should I install on my 48×24×24 enclos

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolitaryLily

I have an enclosure with sliding doors and a solid top; it has plenty of ventilation cut into it, I even cut 2 more 2×12 vents into the sides, yet it remains too cold half the day, then reaches temp, and steadily climbs from there, too humid half the day, dry as a bone by night... I'm tired of wrestling with a dimmer on a switch and long for steady temp control, so I've decided to install a fan on a dual temp/humidity controller along with his CHE, at night. I don't want to buy a fan that is not going to work could I hold for it install it and ruin my enclosure, so I'm hoping that somebody on this forum may be able to point me in the right direction as to what type of fan I'm looking for?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Where is the ventilation on your enclosure? If you have a vent low on the cool side and high on the warm side, that should allow for convection cooling. As far as fans go, you might want to try a computer case fan. They can usually be run on 5v and are easy to control using a potentiometer (or if you can rig it to a thermostat that should work too. I would probably mount it high on the warm side blowing out so that it pulls the heat out and draws cooler air in through the bottom vents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom