Buko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrojack

Hello! I’ve had this baby beardie named Buko for about 2 weeks now. I think he’s almost 3 months old? He likes climbing, basking in strange positions and gorging on crickets/roaches. He hates baths and all veggies/fruits at the moment (have tried collards, kale, butternut squash, sweet potato, green beans , strawberries, mangoes and more). His tail has always been dark with a kink at the end and he just finished his first full shed since I’ve had him. A little worried it’s tail rot but I’ll keep and eye out. Can’t wait to see him grow more!
109416-5488856668.jpg
109416-576304784.jpg
109416-1434534127.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you could post a better close up pic of the tail that would help--- as far as eating salads you want him eating those now---- I would get some BSFL to add to the top of those salads -- the movement will get his attention to the bowl-- you can get some other feeders as well from here to also add to the bowl- you will want a glass or ceramic bowl like this to put these worms etc into https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Reptile-Ceramic-Leopard-Bearded/dp/B084VJJWTV?pf_rd_r=R0HNPKXJ2ZARWAT5MPAH&pf_rd_p=c5b6893a-24f2-4a59-9d4b-aff5065c90ec&pd_rd_r=0173f98f-f39b-4d44-9f76-6ae4d88c419b&pd_rd_w=AuGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
Websites for feeders
www.symtonbsf.com/ great place for BSFL
www.aafeeder.com/feeder-worms/superworms/ they have a bundle package check that out-- you can get the small super worms to add to the salad - I would use 1-3 and the BSFL do not dust and use as many as you want they are a good staple feeder for babies
www.reptilianarts.com/ good place for silk worms -- at the moment they are out of bulk which come small and w/ out food - the cupped come w/ food the super worms are sent in a paper in a gunny sack so you will want a plastic container w/ a lid w/ holes and you would need to feed regular oatmeal - I would get the small super worms from somewhere else as most send in a plastic cup w/ food
www.dubiaroaches.com great place for roaches and hornworms order medium they will come small they grow really fast so order small amounts of those they are a good hydrating worm
Try some of those sites see what you can find
Karrie

Astrojack

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips! I have plenty of small dubias and crickets but will definitely order some BSFL and horn worms soon along with a bowl. I still offer him veggies everyday and hide dubias in them but he just seems to pick them out. Since he eats so many roaches/crickets he goes around 1-3x per day and his stools/urate have good structure and are a good color so far.

He doesn’t enjoy being held much yet but I was able to take some pics of his tail this morning. I lightly pinched the tip and he reacted and shot me a dirty look so it seems like he can feel it which is hopefully a good sign!

109416-7316651786.jpg
109416-4518193733.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like its going into shed ---- the BSFL add to the top of the salads --- and dont put any roaches in there until hes eaten from the bowl for like an hr and use the small super worms as well as the horn worms - make sure those horn worms are small and feed them quickly cuz they will out grow him -- he wont be able to eat them if they get too big since hes so small - the super worms would be better for him at this time -- they are small and he would be able to eat them -- keep feeding him this way every morning ---- an hr after he has had time to wake up put those worms in the bowl in front of him to get his attention --
Karrie

saraho

Hatchling Member
My Charlie has a naturally dark tail too. I understand the concern! You're baby looks like a cute one to me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom