Weird Shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bean is about 18 months old and usually very calm. A few days ago he started glass surfing alot and this patch on his head showed up. He usually sheds in this pattern on his head but it's never been red before. I'm concerned with the color, could it be an infection of some kind? It started coming off this morning and it looks alittle pink underneath. He is still eating and everything like normal. The only change in behavior is the glass surfing.

His setup is a 40 gallon breeder with a 105 degree baking spot and reptisun t8 mounted inside the tank. He eats mustard greens and collard greens mostly with Dubia roaches a few times a week.
108462-8396139252.jpg
ximg]108462 787386019[/ximg]
108462-3420111584.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Looks like some strange shed some others on here can in weigh in on what they think'
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's 100 % fine, no problem at all. Very common for dragons to have uneven sheds. :) A patch here, a patch there, that's the norm. The older they get the longer it can take but don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom