Lost baby beardie!!! Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjohnson478510

Spicy is my 11 year old son’s beardie and we have only had him a week and a half! He may be only a month old if that! My 9 year old took him out of the tank and put him on her chest and it climbed up and jumped! And now we can’t find him. We turned our sons room upside down and blocked the door underneath in case he got out that way! But I don’t know where else to look! We looked for almost an hour and cleaned his room spotless looking for Spicey! Anyone have any ideas???? Please help! How long can they be lost before it gets bad?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
ive only had my dragon for a short time and this hasnt happen to me yet and i hope it dosent, im sorry.
Maybe try hanging a basking light somewhere near the room you lost him/her in. low to the ground. the beardie is gonna be getting cold and searching for warmth. alot of the people ive spoke to on here hang out with there beardies outside the terraniums with a heat source for them to sit under than run around and return to, to warm up again. so you may have luck with that. it may even be sleeping at the moment somewhere dark. think of places youd go if you were that little. Man a month old thats really young where did you get it?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
ALSO, you wouldnt happen to have other animals? if so id put them up somewhere, as to not hurt the baby.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Any small gap the little hatchling can get it's head into will be access to a potential hiding spot.

Very likely under bed or under / behind something ( a walldrove or toy box ) , or even in the toybox and hiding inside a toy .

One place worth looking is the curtains if they drap to near the floor , hatchlings instinctively climb so check carefully the folds in the curtains.

One place I found a "lost" water skink ( was 15 g ) was curled up in the sleeve of my polo shirt while I was waring it , only discovered him there because I asked my wife to check the back of my shirt and there he was bold as brass and quite happy and comfy in his new "hammock" under my arm .

If you move furnishings , lift them don't drag them , it could be under and get injured.

Good luck. Most likely it's still in the room or maybe not far from that room and will turn up , esp if it's already pretty tame and people orientated.
If it not tamed or people orientated , it'll be hiding and will be harder to find but will come out eventually to find food.

If the room has a sunny aspect ( sun come in though a window ) , the sunny spot on the floor will be a draw to the hatchling.
If not, get a clamp lamp fitting and set up a basking spot under a chair or near a convenient table or fixture ( even a door nob ) , this will perhaps a draw the hatchling out .

rjohnson478510

Original Poster
I FOUND HIM!!! I went to look this morning and he had somehow gotten in my sons dresser and had wedge himself between the drawers inside!!! I was having nightmares last night!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please do not take him out anymore - he needs to be hand tamed and acclimate to his tank and surroundings -- you will haft to take care of him along w / your sons help -- dragons are not a childs pet I hate to say -- they are hard to figure out what is wrong w/ them when they are sick and there is alot of detail in taking care of them - correct lighting UVB and basking temps are the two most important things in that tank and if they are incorrect he will get sick and he wont eat etc .. if you need help w/ your tank set up please ask we are here to help
Glad you found him --- they are stinkers :)
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Praise God! Listen to karrie she knows what she’s talking about, and has helped me a great deal. I mean everything she knows everything will kind of greens to feed them light distance UVB distance and efficiency no questions too small or too dumb to ask when it comes to your babies health

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Mari hides a lot under my bed (I let her free roam in my room because my door comes all the way to the floor and she can't get lost forever in there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom