Question about UV light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I'm worried about my little guys UV light and if he is getting enough. Running a 48" T8 10.0 reptisun in a zoomed fixture. How far forward does the UV light project? Does it simply send the light downwards or is there light that penetrates forward? I'm worried that the tallest part of his basking branch is not getting enough UV exposure and that is his favorite area to hang out. Pretty sure I'm going to need to switch things around but I'm also curious about how the light behaves.
Here's the side view of GIRs lair. Thoughts about the branch placement and its UV exposure?
109390-3224825082.jpg

Would love to get a UV meter eventually but unfortunately, I can't just yet. Appreciate your input :wave: ~H

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If your fixture is approx 6-8 inches from basking decor he should be getting enough as long as your fixture has a reflector on it
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom