Glass Surfing Since Tank Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Figment has never been one for serious glass surfing, other than after he makes a "deposit" and gets the lizard zoomies. Since I upgraded him to the Zen 4x2x2', however, he's been doing a LOT of glass surfing (at least he has today; I'm assuming he's been doing it more because he's scratched my plexiglass like nobody's business... grrrr...) and has even been occasionally trying to climb the back wall. I'm not sure if it's because of the new hab, the new UV bulb (more powerful than his old one), or just settling in. I was working from home today, so I saw him doing it quite a bit... took him out for walkabout twice, and he still keeps at it. Now he's finally calmed down for a while... but should I be concerned?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Blaze did alot of glass surfing when I first put him in the tank too --- I think he needs to get used to it -- as long as you have the 14% bulb at a good distance he should calm down-- could be male hormones going on but lets see how long this goes on for --- some others on here might have some ideas too
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom