I hate Craigslist so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I was just looking around Craigslist seeing if anyone had any insects (I am doing an entomology project for school and I was like "hmm, maybe I can trade with someone!") and I STUPIDLY typed "Bearded dragon" just out of curiosity.

THE AMOUNT OF NEGLECT I SEE IS SO INFURIATING AND SAD! WHY DO PEOPLE BUY ANIMALS IF THEY KNOW THEY DON'T WANT TO PUT IN ENERGY CLEANING UP AFTER THEM? IT'S DISGUSTING. They have two beardies, too, which makes me extra furious. Also what's worse is a. They are using the double-domed coils, b. They are using heat only and c. They said "Both fixtures blew out months ago and I didn't bother replacing them." Basically they live in the dark 24/7 and probably can't even digest their own food. I swear there needs to be a license you must own in order to be allowed to buy a pet.

Forgot to add: These beardies are living in PURE FILTH.

Here's a photo they posted of the saddest bearded dragon covered in poop I've ever seen:
full

:angry5:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Some of the ones on craigslist certainly are in rough shape. That is how I found my current rescue, Darwin. It is hard to be exposed to the neglect some of them suffer when we care about them all so much. Unfortunately, not everyone sees these guys the same way we do. Rescuing one in rough shape can be expensive (medical care) and time consuming (extra attention needed). It can end very sadly or end in a very rewarding experience. I encourage anyone who has the experience and capacity to help dragons in severe need to adopt them and help if possible.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":j9wim942 said:
Some of the ones on craigslist certainly are in rough shape. That is how I found my current rescue, Darwin. It is hard to be exposed to the neglect some of them suffer when we care about them all so much. Unfortunately, not everyone sees these guys the same way we do. Rescuing one in rough shape can be expensive (medical care) and time consuming (extra attention needed). It can end very sadly or end in a very rewarding experience. I encourage anyone who has the experience and capacity to help dragons in severe need to adopt them and help if possible.

As much as I’d rush in and save every animal on the planet, I’m a college student with pets of my own. I am hoping someone out there is able to save these beardies. Unfortunately they have the gall to charge people for the beardies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah seeing people charge for them and seeing reptile flippers is maddening. A lot of rescuers will keep a fund of "blood money" on hand in order to pay these fees. It's encouraging bad behavior, sure. However the focus at that point is to get the animal to safety and try to nurse them back to health if possible.

Beardie name(s)
Speedy
you made probably made a mistake, those aren't humans selling the bearded dragons, those are monsters (as in the humans are monsters)

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Just made my own I Hate Craigslist post and saw yours. It's an abomination of social media, and I don't know what angers me more: the losers trying to get rid of their pets, or the ones who post "Looking for a ____" (because we're too cheap to pay a shelter adoption fee or find a responsible breeder). People like these shouldn't be allowed to own animals, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom