I’m not allowed to see her do things

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Mari is weird, she only does things if she thinks I can’t see her. For example, she will only move around her viv if she thinks I can’t see her, but as soon as she realizes I’m looking, she stops and sleeps to try to curve my interest in observing her.
Other times when she’s outside on her leash, she will stay perfectly still and not try to walk at all unless she thinks I’m not paying attention to her. (I never ever leave her unattended, but I might do some research with one end of her 3 foot leash around my wrist and I get up and move to wherever she decides to be, but if I stop what I’m doing and say “hehe silly” she freezes and decides to just stand mid-stride and turn her head at me and give me the stink eye for 30 minutes before she finally decides to finish her step and go back to focusing on whatever she was doing.
My favorite is when I give her salad. She pretends to hate all veggies, but I know she only hates kale and collard greens. I’ll offer her some veggies by hand, but she closes her eyes and gulps, sometimes repeatedly smacking my hand with her little foot saying “no!” Other times she will be actively enjoying her veggies, but as soon as I say “Is that yummy?” She starts hissing and flinging her head trying to fling the food out of her mouth. She’s basically sly about everything she does because she knows I’m gonna start taking pictures and filming her.
At the end of the day once I wrap her in her burrito blanket, she doesn’t have an attitude anymore and decides I’m her favorite person again. It’s just during the day she doesn’t care much for me. ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you're starting to pick up on her language =). Some of them are quite private when it comes to eating their salads etc and will only do it when they think we aren't around. :dontknow:

saraho

Hatchling Member
She sounds like a typical teenager. Charlie doesn't mind eating in front of me, but it has to be things he likes. One day I put some sprouts in his dish, just for a change, and left him alone. A little girl ran up to the desk to tell us she saw him eating his vegetables like a good boy. I figured I'd give him some more before leaving for the day. When I got back there, that dish was full and I looked right at him and said, "You're a liar. You tricked that nice girl." He gave me the cheekiest grin. That boy... :banghead:

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Volcano makes me laugh because if I'm in the room and he's basking he'll stare at me but if I turn and look at him he quickly turns his head and looks away. When I turn back to the TV he'll start staring at me again :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom