New Beardie mom, Beardie not feeling well

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm

I got my beardie from Petsmart about 1 week and half ago. He was doing fine until about 4 days ago after his shed he stopped eating, but has been eating very little since we got him. maybe only like 3 crickets a day and now maybe one... but today and yesterday none. he will NOT eat any vegetables. Ive tried squash, cucumber, spinach, kale bell peppers, strawberries, and mango. Ive tried bee pollen on top, NOPE.
He's been very grey on his head.. I actually thought maybe his head would shed again. but today it started to get color back... so maybe he was just sick? but he is not eating. :( Very lethargic. and does not want me to hold him. he was getting used to me. he looks skinny. I've been trying to force feed him blended veggies to no avail. and I've been giving him a bath 2 or 3 times a day because he will drink water in it. or spraying with water bottle. I feel like he is a little dehydrated because his skin is wrinkly.
he has been pooping only white for 2 days... and now his poops are more like a mucus green.
Literally laying around barely moving from his spot.
I changed out his light bulb today thinking maybe he needed warmer tank. See pictures of his set up below.
100w basking light (was using 75) I have the Thrive UVB Strip light. Help! I don't want him die.
109401-2771353978.jpg
109401-8337306683.jpg
109401-6444121157.jpg
109401-8157304753.jpg
109401-7701536868.jpg

danm

Original Poster
UPDATE******** PLEASE HELP
he just pooped and it is a mucus green and this time had a red spot in it...? is this a parasite? how do I get rid of a parasite if that is what he has?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor little guy. The poop is not necessarily a parasite, but it's tough to tell without having a vet do a fecal test. I would stop with the baths for now, as they are likely adding stress. Leave him be as much as you can. You can try dripping some water on his nose to see if he licks it up. If he does, then you can try the same with a little baby food (squash, green bean, and sweet potato tend to work well).

I would double check the lighting to make sure that is correct. Get a digital thermometer with a probe, and place the probe right on the skeleton basking area under the light. That surface temp should be between about 100-110(ish) with areas around it a little cooler.

I'm not familiar with the brand of UVB light you're using. Is it an 18'' long T8? If so, I recommend swapping it out with a known good bulb. The ReptiSun 10.0 T8 is a good option for that setup. Does your fixture have a clear plastic piece in front of the bulb? If so, that should be removed so nothing is blocking the UVB light. https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-reptile-lamp-14822.html The 18'' version is 15w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom