Not pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollyfm

My guy hasn’t pooped in 2-3 weeks. His temps in his enclosure are on track. I’ve been bathing him daily for the past 5 days. Tried to feed him some pumpkin but he only licked some off my finger and not sure how much he actually ingested. He hasn’t been eating his salad at all lately but eating super worms. Have Dubai’s on order. Took him to the vet (wasn’t at all impressed with her so I’ll be looking for a new one). What else can I do!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Based on your other thread, this is normal when they are in brumation. They eat less and poop less frequently since their metabolism is slowed. As long as his weight is remaining fairly stable, he is likely OK. He will have days when he is more alert and some when he is very sleepy. On the more alert days you can take him out and weigh him and offer some drops of water in case he is thirsty. If his weight is stable, it's just a matter of letting him do his thing. Eventually he will start to wake back up and get more energetic if he is following a similar pattern to what my dragon does.

Hollyfm

Original Poster
Ok thank you. I haven’t been able to get a poop sample in to check for any parasites. Is that ok?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah don't worry about that too much unless there were other symptoms before brumation (weight loss, diarrhea, excessively smelly poop etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom