F o o d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
should I be using fresh misted (as in via a spray/mist bottle) greens? I am using dry food you can find at a pet store, sometimes I usually feed him crickets as a surprise and that's the only type of insect he likes, should I be feeding him only crickets and greens instead of dry food?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Fresh green salads every day crickets or dubia along w/ some BSFL every day for a baby --
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
If you need help w/ feeding your dragon please ask -- No more dried stuff its not nutritional
Insects need to be dusted once per day 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 Vitamins w/ beta carotene once per feeding 2 x per week --
Karrie

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
KarrieRee":2glkze41 said:
Fresh green salads every day crickets or dubia along w/ some BSFL every day for a baby --
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
If you need help w/ feeding your dragon please ask -- No more dried stuff its not nutritional
Insects need to be dusted once per day 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 Vitamins w/ beta carotene once per feeding 2 x per week --
Karrie
thank you for letting me know, also if this varies your information, my bearded dragon is 5 years old

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
No dry food. It's garbage and I'm surprised they eat it. If he's 5 I'd feed him fresh greens everyday (I mist mine so he gets his hydration). Twice a week I feed him live insects. Mine likes crickets, super worms, and mealworms. As a treat every so often mine LOVES a hornworm. I also dust his live food with calcium (without D3) one feeding and multi-vitamin the next (he won't eat his salad if I dust that so I don't).

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
Shaun78":30h85tvs said:
No dry food. It's garbage and I'm surprised they eat it. If he's 5 I'd feed him fresh greens everyday (I mist mine so he gets his hydration). Twice a week I feed him live insects. Mine likes crickets, super worms, and mealworms. As a treat every so often mine LOVES a hornworm. I also dust his live food with calcium (without D3) one feeding and multi-vitamin the next (he won't eat his salad if I dust that so I don't).
thank you for letting me know, now my bearded dragon can have a healthier diet, but one more thing, his colors have gotten paler over the years, if I start feeding him a healthy supply of greens and crickets, will his color get Bolder and fuller?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Probably I am not sure on that one but anything is possible]
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom