New baby haven't eaten in a few days, getting skinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riel

Okay, so let me start at the beginning. I'm a new dad, this is my first ever beardie, I got him on Monday this week. He's eaten 2 or 3, sometimes 4 crickets a day in the first couple of days, but since two days, he hasn't eaten at all. I offer him food multiples times a day, but he doesn't seem interested.

He's in a 20 gallon for now since he is so small, his basking temps are 107-109, he has a Reptisun T5 10.0 tube UVB on top of the mesh, but above his basking spot and he can get close enough. I measure the temps with a probe thermometer, people say it's the best to use.

He is starting to become lethargic and more skinny and it's making me very worried, I wouldn't want him to pass away.

I ordered him different kinds of feeders in hopes he would be interested in those, but it would take up until Tuesday to arrive and I doubt he could hang on for that long without food. I leave him different types of greens every day, but he isn't interested. Even if I put the crickets or the greens to his mouth, he doesn't care.

I mist him once every day and he sometimes drinks from his water bowl, I don't think he is dehydrated.

He poops every day once and it seems to be a good consistency, with also healthy looking pee with it.

I'm so panicked, I don't know what to do to keep him alive until the feeders arrive or what to give him to make him want to eat.

I really need help asap, I apologise if I left something out of this post, I'm quite anxious.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The basking distance for the UVB is what? the T 5 they are a strong bulb-what is the screen like on the tank ? Is it a fine mesh like a screen door or wide holed like a dime? - how are you taking the basking temps ? No stick ons -- digital probe thermometer is best --- basking temps are hard to control in small tanks --- If you can take a pic of the tank and the dragon that would be good https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it shoukd post
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom