My Bearded Dragon got attacked by my cat

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

My Bearded Dragon got attacked by my cat

Postby CookieBeast12 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:30 pm

We just got a baby beardie named Rex, and I love him to death, he's got a very strong attitude, often bobbing at his reflection, he got attacked by my cat today, I've had him for 2 weeks so far and he had been stressed by the recent move, I haven't seen any external injuries because it's been to soon but I'm worried about his eye which he's been blinking alot, he seems fine but I don't know 'bone' wise, I just need him to be okay, he's so so special to me as I got him as a celebration of me getting over my illness.
CookieBeast12
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My Bearded Dragon got attacked by my cat

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:23 pm

Ah poor guy! Cats can be pretty dangerous to them, unfortunately. Do you see any signs of a puncture wound or bite? Any kind of cut runs a high risk of infection and will need to be treated with antibiotics by a vet. Can you post some photos of him? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.
CooperDragon

Postby CookieBeast12 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:45 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

I've got some here, I took him out to maybe calm him down a little, he's got really dark stress marks, I'm worried that this kind of trauma will last and he won't like being taken out, He was eating really well before-hand and he may not now.
CookieBeast12
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:05 pm

He may still be stressed but that doesn't tend to last too long if they are otherwise OK. Try to keep him warm and comfortable. Do check closely for any small puncture wounds or scratches since those will need treatment. If you don't see any damage, then just keep him warm and comfortable and observe for a while. That would be a lucky break.
CooperDragon

Postby Drache613 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:49 pm

Hello,

He is a sweet little one. It looks like he may have gotten very lucky! Have you secured the
area to where your cat isn't able to get to him again?
I agree with Cooper, to keep him a little warmer overnight & try to keep him as stress free as
possible.
It does take them a couple of weeks or sometimes longer to become accustomed to a new
home. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby CookieBeast12 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:30 am

He's eating! yay I was scared he wasn't but he's acting like this incident was just a bad dream, I've got my cat away from him, and he seems fine, besides not wanting to eat his vegetables so I'll have to fix that, thank you for the help I got him a ceramic heater to keep him warm at night.
CookieBeast12
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:28 am

That's great to hear. It sounds like he will be OK =)
CooperDragon

Postby Drache613 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:33 am

Hello,

That is very good news to hear now, it sounds like he is going to make a full recovery
then, thank goodness! :D
I'm happy to hear that he is eating as well. You can post more pictures of him when
you can.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby saraho » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:16 pm

I am so glad that Rex is okay, though sad that they didn't get a chance to be friends. I was hoping Charlie could winter at my house, and I wasn't too worried about my 3 cats, but maybe him staying at the library is for the best. Charlie is full grown though, so maybe he would have been better able to handle himself than baby Rex. My cats are such dorks they'd probably be scared of him. :lol:
“Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts,
saraho
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER