Sitting normal ?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Sitting normal ?

Postby Jaylenerose » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:39 pm

Is it normal for my beardie to be like this ?? He sits like this ALOT I was just wondering if that was normal [Click image to enlarge]
Jaylenerose
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Sitting normal ?

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:52 pm

What is the bulb your using ? It looks like hes trying to get closer to that bulb --- if its a All in One it may not be putting enough UVB out and if that is the case I would get another UVB in the tank --
what size is the tank ?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Jaylenerose » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:59 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

This is everything I have for him I am working on getting the long reptisun uvb because I know those are way better ! He’s in a 40 or 50 gallon tank right now about 10 in. As well
Jaylenerose
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:21 pm

That is the issue the coil UVB-- hes basically getting no UVB at all in the 40 gallon tank -- those bulbs are terrible / inadequate ---- please replace ASAP-
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesa ... o-med.html this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb hang onto it it is equivalent to a T 8 bulb
you need this bulb
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb- ... o-med.html
I would call them find out how fast they are shipping out theyre out of CA 916-226-4089
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Jaylenerose » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:27 pm

Alrighty I will get that replaces thank you !
Jaylenerose
Newbie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:53 pm

With good quality CFB UVBs ( Arcadia , Zoo Med , Exo Terra ) the spectrum is good .

The typical configuration using a DOME style reflector produces a tightly focused beam of UVA & UVB and here in lies (IMO) the biggest issue if the CFB is a good one.

Working out if your dragon is getting adequate UVA & UVB from the CFB is as easy as looking at a flux vs distance chart , noting if the globe is naked or in a reflector dome ( or hood ) , and if there is any screening between the globe and the dragon ( the mesh used in typical commercial tanks' lids is quite fine so will block in the order of 40% of the UV , more or less negating the benefit of the reflector hood . dome ).

Distance chart that will give you a bit of a guide
aim for basking spot UVB flux 180-200 microW / sq.cm.

In a smaller tank , CFB of at least 25W 10% UVB is FINE , but you will get better spread and coverage if you mount under the lid in a NANO-STYLE hood like this : https://jurassicjungle.com.au/products/ ... tlighthood
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : , Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Gutzy (F) rescued 27Sep19 - RIP 3Aug20 (est 12 yo), Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion