Feeding schedule, right or wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkrugg9

Original Poster
Well I think I figured out what I need to know. My fiancé is a CVT at a nearby Vet Clinic and she took in a stool sample this morning from my male and he has pin worms and coccidia both. I’m wondering if this could be part of his sluggish behavior. Poor guy, I feel so bad for him. He will be getting medicated tonight when we get home from work.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible. Those are somewhat common in low amounts. Higher concentrations can certainly have a negative effect though. Ponazuril should take care of the coccidia and Panacur the pinworms. Do be sure to sanitize everything that comes in contact with poop to prevent re-infection.

Dkrugg9

Original Poster
What do you sanitize with after they poop? When I get home daily after work they usually have a pile waiting for me and I clean it up with toilet paper, then spray the area with a water/vinegar solution 50/50 and then wipe that up. But I’m sure the water/vinegar isn’t disinfecting anything. Any ideas? She did also say that it was a pretty bad infestation, my female had them pretty bad too and she’s been on meds alternating off and on for 3 weeks or so now, and her poop seems to be getting better somewhat.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Vinegar is good for cleaning and getting debris up. You'll want to sanitize after that. Also temporarily using an easy to trash substrate like paper towels or newspaper may be helpful. Coccidia doesn't respond to bleach so you'll want to sanitize using an ammonia solution or a veterinary disinfectant like F10. Heat works for disinfecting as well, so if you have a steam cleaner that may be a good option too.

Dkrugg9

Original Poster
So I’ve ordered a steam cleaner, so I’m good there. Now with the BSFL I got today how many do I feed my 8 and 9 month old beardies?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you feeding as a staple feeder only? If you are I would also add another staple feeder like dubias or crickets or silkworms ---- they are going to go thru alot and I am not sure how many at a time -- but two thats going to be a large amount since they are so small --- If you need websites for dubias or silkworms please ask and I will post some for you
Karrie

Dkrugg9

Original Poster
I’ve got dubias but my male quit eating them, that’s why I got the bsfl. I might try to put them both together and see if I can get him to eat dubias again. I usually separate breakfast bugs the night before and put them in a jar for easy quick before work routine. If I put the bsfl and dubia in the same container over night, will they survive each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom