What’s wrong with my baby beardie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstermutt

Original Poster
Ok, thank you a lot for your help. He does move around on his own, he just doesn’t very much. Some moments he’ll run around but then he’ll just sleep the rest of the day and night.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! Get the soft foods + temp. set up ASAP. When your uvb can reach him because the plastic tote is not so tall he'll probably start feeling better .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes that's good , if you can get one that's about a 10-12" longer it would be better though. Also put the uvb long ways from opposite sides for the max uvb coverage. How is he doing, will he eat or drink at all ?

Monstermutt

Original Poster
Ok. And I haven’t tried to feed him yet but he did drink some water when I put some drops in his snout. He seems to be a little bit more active

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
As long as he's not huffing, gaping or gasping it may just be something that passes. He may not have an R.I. or MBD, hopefully his set up + closer proximity to the lights will help him out.

Monstermutt

Original Poster
I got him some reptaboost and gave him 0.1cc. He drank most of it up. I believe maybe he feels bad because he’s shedding a ton, it’s finally starting to come off today. I’ll give him 0.1cc twice a day and see if he gets any better.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good, progress being made. :) You can spritz him lightly while he's shedding, that can help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks very nice for him! I agree, he is making some progress & he does appear happy
& alert there, too.
I am happy to hear that he has taken some water & some reptaboost too. Hopefully he is
feeling much better. Let us know how his shedding is coming along also.

Tracie

Monstermutt

Original Poster
Update: Went to the vet today. They said he’s fine and is probably being really dramatic about his shedding. Though he could use some calcium so I got him some calcium powder today and gave him some water and more reptaboost which he ate up. He’s shedding pretty fast, I can see his new scales on his legs and head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom