Sitting normal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the bulb your using ? It looks like hes trying to get closer to that bulb --- if its a All in One it may not be putting enough UVB out and if that is the case I would get another UVB in the tank --
what size is the tank ?
Karrie

Jaylenerose

Original Poster
108910-1015174152.jpg
108910-3937533754.jpg
108910-2369523412.jpg
108910-3539934997.jpg

This is everything I have for him I am working on getting the long reptisun uvb because I know those are way better ! He’s in a 40 or 50 gallon tank right now about 10 in. As well

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is the issue the coil UVB-- hes basically getting no UVB at all in the 40 gallon tank -- those bulbs are terrible / inadequate ---- please replace ASAP-
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb hang onto it it is equivalent to a T 8 bulb
you need this bulb
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb-bulbs/1878-reptisun-100-uvb-t5-ho-fluorescent-bulb-22-zoo-med.html
I would call them find out how fast they are shipping out theyre out of CA 916-226-4089
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
With good quality CFB UVBs ( Arcadia , Zoo Med , Exo Terra ) the spectrum is good .

The typical configuration using a DOME style reflector produces a tightly focused beam of UVA & UVB and here in lies (IMO) the biggest issue if the CFB is a good one.

Working out if your dragon is getting adequate UVA & UVB from the CFB is as easy as looking at a flux vs distance chart , noting if the globe is naked or in a reflector dome ( or hood ) , and if there is any screening between the globe and the dragon ( the mesh used in typical commercial tanks' lids is quite fine so will block in the order of 40% of the UV , more or less negating the benefit of the reflector hood . dome ).

Distance chart that will give you a bit of a guide
How-to-read-the-graph-for-p.png

aim for basking spot UVB flux 180-200 microW / sq.cm.

In a smaller tank , CFB of at least 25W 10% UVB is FINE , but you will get better spread and coverage if you mount under the lid in a NANO-STYLE hood like this : https://jurassicjungle.com.au/products/exoterranaturalnanoterrariumcompactlighthood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom