Shedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got Rex a couple weeks ago on the 11th and I've been reading through some of these discussions and I noticed that he hasn't really shed that much, only the sides of his face and on his mouth, should he be shedding more? or am I just being paranoid.

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
A few things matter here. Whats his age. If hes an adult he wont shed as much. They also dont shed like a leopard gecko. The skin comes off in patches rather than all at once. Make sure that you soak him often. Its a good way for them to get water and stuck shed. Also sometimes leatherbacks have a hard time shedding. Is he a leatherback or normal
Leather arent spiky and normals have lots of large spikes

CookieBeast12

Original Poster
So I think he's about 2 months old, he is 5.5 inches but he may just be a bigger dragon as he looks around a month old, I think he might be a leather back, but he's got soft spikes on the sides of his stomach.

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Yea he sounds like a leatherback but heres a pic to confirm
107025-8518653414.jpg
Pics.of your dragon would help me understand what his problem could be. If he is only 1 to 2 mo old how old was he when you got him. This isnt your fault, its the breeder/stores fault for selling you a dragon thats too young. When they are sold too young it proves that the breeder didnt put the time in to make sure that all the dragons were healthy. This will not determine his whole life if you dont do something about it now. Make sure that you have uvb for your dragon and a 110 basking spot. Another important thing is to make sure he is getting an appropriate diet. If not it can lead to stunted growth wich means, no sheds are happening. Make sure it eats 80 % of it diet being live gut loaded insects and 20% greens.again make sure you soak him. It helps him stay hidrated and it helps loosen that stuck shed. Its possible he could have afew layers of shed stuck so make sure that you soak him and ease the shed off with a q tip. You should be set. Also this is not your fault. If you ever do end up getting more dragons, make sure that they are at least 4 mo old. Mine were and ive never run into complications before.

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
yay,sometimes its just a matter of time but make sure you do soaks and are keeping a good humidity, that will help tons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom