Is super glue safe Zilla sent broken basking platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Just wondering if I can superglue this basking platform back together if it would be safe to put in the Viv and how long should I wait for? Would overnight be OK

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I have not ever used super glue for a tank before. I am sure others will chime in who have, but
as far as I know, it should be fine as long as enough time has lapsed to let it off gas before you
place your dragon back into the tank. Will the light be shining directly on it?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
What is the platform made of ?

SUPERGLUE IS VERY HIGH IN TOXIC VOLATILES .

So not a suitable adhesive IMO to use in any enclosed space where ventilation will be poor.

Also , it's a space filler type adhesive , relies on filling the gap at a break very closely and it relies more on air pressure to hold the parts together , and is not all that strong under torque or tension.

I think a better adhesive will be 5min 2 part araldite , but be careful of using this in a confined space or exposing a reptile to it long term ( toxic ingredients and it also outgases over a period of time while and after setting ).

I'd suggest replacing the broken platform entirely to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom