Stress Marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Rex is my child and I love him to death but I don't think he loves me back, he's a little stinker who acts like he's the king, I make sure he's warm enough at night and I feed him and he still is frightened by me, he never runs when I approach his cage but you can see he stiffens and crouches down on the ground, he's bobbed at me before and when I let him explore my house he's always sprinting at full speed away from me, and trying to escape when I have to grab him and he will jump off a 4 foot couch he's done it before :/ I have never seen him without stress marks besides when he sleeps, and he always darkens when I take him out to get him used to handling.
109360-3248643223.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to go slow --- at this point I would not let him out to run- He needs to acclimate to his surroundings and I would be hand taming him by hand feeding w/ little holding in the tank maybe right outside the tank -- he is still going thru relocation stress w/ the stress marks - patience and slow is key here ---
You can put a piece of clothing or fleece blanket in his hide w / your smell on it to get him used to you
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom