Possible impaction?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Possible impaction?

Postby zachburnav » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:01 am

Hello everyone. My beardie hasn't pooped in 3 days. Normally he poops every day, or every other day, but he last pooped on Saturday, and today's Tuesday. I feed him a sald kn in the morning, a few dubias afternoon, and 10 dubias and a few supers with their heads cut off (I heard superworm heads are hard to digest.) I only got the supers while I'm waitimg for my dubia and mealworm shipment. I felt around in between his ribs and I don't feel any hard lumps, also when he runs his back legs are perfectly functionsl so no paralysis, and he still eats fine. Am I paranoid or could this actually be impaction? Perhaps he's just grown up to where he might poop a little less?
zachburnav
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Possible impaction?

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:41 pm

What goes in must come out --- as long as your basking temps are good and good UVB he will poop - it is not uncommon for dragons not to poop for awhile --- you can try giving him a warm bath and message the tummy --- it may help - but dont fret he will poop - how old is the dragon?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby zachburnav » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:44 pm

I got him in late April, and currently he's about 16.5" Im not sure of his exact age but my estimate is 6-7 months
zachburnav
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:55 pm

Ok so try a bath see if he goes in the bath - so I have not heard about the head thing w/ super worms - how many super worms are you feeding? I would not give him more than 3 at a time and every few days --
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby zachburnav » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:20 pm

Ill try the bath - I havent given him one in these 3 days. I'm gonna stop with the superworms in general soon when my dubias come. I gave him like 4 per day, but thats switching to dubias and mealworms
zachburnav
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health