Baby Bearded Dragon Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Good news and bad news. Good news yesterday she pooped normal but her appetite hasn’t returned and she still has a pale tail my vet recommended baths everyday and I tried reptished and baths since Friday with no improvements but t the vet said repti shed was a gimmick and told me to use mineral oil and was wandering what brand and kind I should get.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Please don't worry about a pale tail , or lingering shed. It's perfectly normal . The internet and noob owners has people thinking they have to help all the dragons shed. Here is what a normal shed that happens in stages looks like. One of many that I've raised and seen the exact thing hundreds of times. It comes off when it's ready.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29897/full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's O.K.
BTW if your humidity is too low it will take longer to shed. Humidity should be at least 25-35 % and higher at night, around 40-60.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Using mineral oil and then being under a heat lamp can burn your dragon. Mineral oil is a petroleum product, look it up.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just make sure she doesn't drink it, actually the shed ease would be better because it has aloe in it. But either way, I'm sure the shed will come off soon and it's not going to be a problem. Basking light should always be on after a bath though to keep beardie warm. Just pat her dry after the bath + set her in her warm tank. But she'll be O.K.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I layed her next to me for a bit and had the towel covering her. But I over worry cause I had a dragon before that died. Of course that one wasn’t my fault cause the person I bought it from knew something was wrong. Although I don’t regret buying that one cause I did the best I could but because of it I over worry on small things that and she’s my little baby. Lol and Dragons remind me of a toddler and get into trouble a lot. Like I had her sitting outside, me hover over her of course and she kept eating grass and I had to constantly stop her. ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah it's hard not to worry about our creatures that depend so much on us. My dragons eat weeds + grass outside all the time, have done for all the ones I've ever owned and it's perfectly fine. Some of the things like clover, dandelion, purslane are all good for them as well as other weeds. Keep away from English Ivy and if you have daffodils in the spring. Other than that , most of the stuff they graze on is fine. :)

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have some good news I took her to the vet again and explained and he said it sounds like she is going into brumation. I thought that but thought she was too young for it and he said while it is uncommon to Brumate when there young there is nothing to suggest a Beardie won’t do it early but it makes so much sense. What with her not eating much and decreased energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom