My Bearded Dragon got attacked by my cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got a baby beardie named Rex, and I love him to death, he's got a very strong attitude, often bobbing at his reflection, he got attacked by my cat today, I've had him for 2 weeks so far and he had been stressed by the recent move, I haven't seen any external injuries because it's been to soon but I'm worried about his eye which he's been blinking alot, he seems fine but I don't know 'bone' wise, I just need him to be okay, he's so so special to me as I got him as a celebration of me getting over my illness.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah poor guy! Cats can be pretty dangerous to them, unfortunately. Do you see any signs of a puncture wound or bite? Any kind of cut runs a high risk of infection and will need to be treated with antibiotics by a vet. Can you post some photos of him? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

CookieBeast12

Original Poster
109360-3248643223.jpg
109360-4754506256.jpg

I've got some here, I took him out to maybe calm him down a little, he's got really dark stress marks, I'm worried that this kind of trauma will last and he won't like being taken out, He was eating really well before-hand and he may not now.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He may still be stressed but that doesn't tend to last too long if they are otherwise OK. Try to keep him warm and comfortable. Do check closely for any small puncture wounds or scratches since those will need treatment. If you don't see any damage, then just keep him warm and comfortable and observe for a while. That would be a lucky break.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is a sweet little one. It looks like he may have gotten very lucky! Have you secured the
area to where your cat isn't able to get to him again?
I agree with Cooper, to keep him a little warmer overnight & try to keep him as stress free as
possible.
It does take them a couple of weeks or sometimes longer to become accustomed to a new
home. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

CookieBeast12

Original Poster
He's eating! yay I was scared he wasn't but he's acting like this incident was just a bad dream, I've got my cat away from him, and he seems fine, besides not wanting to eat his vegetables so I'll have to fix that, thank you for the help I got him a ceramic heater to keep him warm at night.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is very good news to hear now, it sounds like he is going to make a full recovery
then, thank goodness! :D
I'm happy to hear that he is eating as well. You can post more pictures of him when
you can.

Tracie

saraho

Hatchling Member
I am so glad that Rex is okay, though sad that they didn't get a chance to be friends. I was hoping Charlie could winter at my house, and I wasn't too worried about my 3 cats, but maybe him staying at the library is for the best. Charlie is full grown though, so maybe he would have been better able to handle himself than baby Rex. My cats are such dorks they'd probably be scared of him. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom