Cool side too cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm setting up my enclosure for a baby I have coming soon. I've gotten the basking spot to between 105-110, but my cool side is only at 77-78ish(I am using two digital probe thermometer/hygrometers).

I've seen mixed info on if that gradient is okay or if I should get another bulb on the cool side to raise temps to 85ish. Help me out? Thanks in advance!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can use a regular household bulb NOT LED -- like a 60 watt it will raise the cool side up to the 80's
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since your basking area is in good shape, I'd say the cool side is OK. My cool side is often in the 70s during the day. This fluctuates a bit during the seasons too. As long as you have a nice wide zone (enough for your dragon to bask in evenly) of basking temps and another zone in the 90s (almost basking temps) and down from there, they will move around and get what they need at any given time. Sometimes they do prefer to be in cooler areas and that's OK as long as they can easily move between zones.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your temps are perfect right now. I wish my cool side temps were in the 70s.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom