Impaction? Brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently noticed my 3 year old dragon stopped eating and moving around in his tank. He also hadn’t pooped in a few days. I figured he was impacted because I did give him some super worms while waiting for dubia to be back in stock. I’ve been giving him warm baths every day, I’ve gotten him to poop 3 times since but it wasn’t much. He still hasn’t been moving around his tank or eating feeders or vegetables and his stomach still feels tight and full. I’ve been giving him pumpkin baby food and a few drops of olive oil to get things going but so far there hasn’t been any change. I feel like it’s to early for him to go into brumation but I don’t know. If he was impacted would he be able to poop at all? Should I keep trying the baths and olive oil or just take him to the vet? Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Go over the UVB details --- NO coils and basking temps what are they how are you taking them? NO stickons----------- the super worms are not going to impact him -- if hes not been eating hes not going to poop out very much -- its not uncommon for them not to poop for long periods -- but we need to see if your lighting is in check --- how old is the UVB ?
Karrie

Eleanorxtc

Original Poster
I just realized I replaced his uvb bulb last November (the repti sun 10 watt strip light) so I’m gonna go to the pet store tomorrow to get a fresh one and see if that helps. His basking area is around the mid 90s and the cooler parts of the tank are around 75.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What bulb are you using the T 8 or the T 5 and where do you have it ---key of distance and placement is imperative-- I would try to get the cool side of the tank up to 80's during the day
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom