My beardie hasn't pooped in over 3 weeks!

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

My beardie hasn't pooped in over 3 weeks!

Postby imxaaliyah » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:29 am

My beardie is about 1 yr and a half, and she hasn't pooped in a little over 3 weeks now, I've tried to give her baby prune food with a little bit of olive oil and I've also tried giving her baths. She's also been eating very small amounts of food :( what should I do
imxaaliyah
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My beardie hasn't pooped in over 3 weeks!

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:27 am

What have you fed her? Any insects bigger than the space between her eyes? Please post a pic of her and the lighting you have in her tank UVB -- what are her basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate
Karrie
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby imxaaliyah » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:02 am

I've feed her, dried meal worms, grasshoppers and crickets, bell peppers, cilantro, mint leaves and collard greens. i use a ceramic heat lamp and a repisun uvb bulb and stick on thermometer that came with the tank
imxaaliyah
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:33 am

You need a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-110-- w/out it they will not start the digestion process and temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ---CHE's are ONLY good for keeping temps in the tank warm when its winter etc --- they are not to be used for basking lights -- what is the UVB your using ? NO coils they are inadequate -- we need to get this fixed ASAP
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health