My dragon has weird toes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had Norbert for about a month and a half. The first week that I had him, I noticed three of his toes (two front and one back) starting to curl and get swollen. Thinking it was broken toes, I kind of rubbed it off. Recently, though, more of his toes are starting to get swollen and curl, and one of his front arms is swollen near the wrist. I don't think it's stuck shed, mostly because the swollen toes are not discolored. I'm not sure if it's MBD, broken toes, fungus, gout, or something like that, but he doesn't seem to be in any pain when he walks or climbs, so I'm taking that as a good sign. Anyways, if you have any ideas or info, I would really appreciate it. Here's some other basic information about Norbert:

He's about 11 inches from nose to tail. We think he's between 3-5 months old, but we're not entirely sure.
He's kept in a 75 gallon tank with tile as the floor.
His basking spot is located on a hide and hammock and kept at 110 degrees Fahrenheit at the hottest spot.
His UVB bulb (I'm getting a better one soon) is kept about 5-6 inches from his basking spot.
I dust his food with a calcium supplement by Fluker's, which has D3 in it. He mainly eats dubias, crickets, and occasionally mealworms. I've tried feeding him green's before (collards) but he only ate them if he was starving. He also likes red bell peppers, but I don't feed them to him often mostly because of how acidic they are.

Anyways, he is my first beardie and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm doing something wrong, but I am truly worried that something is causing his toes to be weird. If you have any suggestions or ideas, I would greatly appreciate them! (Also, this is my first post and I'm trying to figure out how to add a picture lol. I'll figure it out)

NorbertTheDino

Original Poster
109364-9932523681.jpg
Here we go! Here is a picture of his two front feet. Almost all of his toes are swollen and upturned and it's really sad. I feel so bad for him! I also forgot to mention that the swelling is so bad in some toes that he can't grasp things. I am really worried that this will be permanent. If it continues, I will schedule a vet appointment.

NorbertTheDino

Original Poster
It might be my imagination but his tail seems to be either kinked or swollen in some places... again, it might just be my imagination. Apart from some of his toes and his front arm, no other swelling I can see.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We need Tracie the vet tech mod to look at him or ahbd they can look and see if they can see what's going on
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes click on their names their profile will come up look on left side find PM
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom