Skinny Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
109111-9027565792.jpg
Hi everyone! I’ve had Hades since the beginning of July and everything has gone well! I bought him from PetSmart (I know) before I knew better and he eats really well. Dandelion greens, butternut squash, crickets, and occasional mealworms. The crix are dusted in calcium multiple times per week and herptavite other times. He is in a 40 gal with carpet, a 150 watt basking bulb, and a ReptiSun T8 10.0 mounted inside his tank. He overall seems healthy and happy! However, I was wondering if he looks skinny? If so, any advice would be appreciated!
109111-7351555112.jpg
109111-6838961565.jpg
109111-2597122528.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your UVB has no plastic cover over the bulb?? He looks good - hes got a good diet going -- you can add some medium super worms to his diet along w/ some silk worms they are another good staple feeder along w/ some dubia roaches -- variety is good --- if you need some websites please ask I will post some for you -- BSFL are good staple too --
Karrie

colleen1999

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2vqo1zex said:
Your UVB has no plastic cover over the bulb?? He looks good - hes got a good diet going -- you can add some medium super worms to his diet along w/ some silk worms they are another good staple feeder along w/ some dubia roaches -- variety is good --- if you need some websites please ask I will post some for you -- BSFL are good staple too --
Karrie

No plastic over the bulb. Is just mounted on the inside of the lid of his viv! Will definitely try him on occasional super worms, unfortunately it’s illegal to own Dubia roaches where I’m at but will try him on BSFL :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok make sure your basking spot for that UVB is directly over him approx 6-8 inches from it
Karrie

Draven88

Hatchling Member
In my experience young beardies that are still growing do tend to look like they are skinny when compared to an adults body shape. They tend to grow more in length until they are reaching more adult size and then fill out ( there are always exceptions of course ).

As long as there is weight gain over time and growth he looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom