Switching to flood lights ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I was told to switch to a ho View media item 23280flood light par30??? I hear there better and more efficient so I bought a pack today it’s led though I was told white light? Is this ok ? Wow I just noticed there not halogen will they work ?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
i thought so thank you COOPERDRAGON you've responded on all my feeds its appreciated. I have receipt and happy to say i have got my lighting and uvb reptisun tube and all that good stuff got the basking right and got my cool side at lile 78-82 degrees so were chilling. i will go on link and get those now right now im running a 150 intense exoterra bulb but think the floods will do her better and my bills better lol. shes so much more active after getting the 10.0 t5 !!! and happy to be a member on here

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
oh and the 150 is 12 inches from her spot and shes only 4 months so i have it between 102-106 f

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like everything is in good shape! The halogen may or may not provide the right temps. They can be dimmed a bit if needed (or raised/lowered if possible). The temps vary from enclosure to enclosure so you may find that you need a different wattage etc. Takes a bit of fiddling to start with, but once you find something that works, it's smooth sailing for the most part.

I just received a 100w halogen pool/spa bulb in the mail. I tested it on two different fixtures and it blew the fuse for some reason. :dontknow: trial and error =)

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
For sure bud thank you i purchased the bulb you linked me to. Now that i know the proper kind i will buy alternate wattages to get desired temps. Have a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom