Odd red and yellow spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed this strange spot on my beardie today.
107482-7939177667.jpg
it's in the middle of some stuck shed he has and don't know what to do. There was a cricket in there that was hiding but I don't know if that is what caused it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Crickets can cause infection if they bite can you post a pic of the wound from above please
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like hes got some infection or fungal thing going on I am gonna have another person look at this
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't like the look of those wounds. It's possibly an infection from a bite, but it looks like it could be a yellow fungus infection. I would book a vet appointment as soon as you can to test the skin for infection and treat accordingly. In the meantime, I would apply an antifungal cream like lamisil to the area and see if that has any effect. If it does appear to start helping, then the issue may be fungal. If it doesn't seem to make a difference, the issue may be bacterial (but it's tough to tell for certain without a vet testing the skin around the wounds. If it does turn out to be yellow fungus, then a combination of topical antifungal creams and oral meds (Voriconizole has shown the best results from what I've seen) may be needed for long term treatment.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree that looks like fungal. The Lamisil is a good idea and you can get a small jar of unpastuerized raw honey [ from a health store or if you know a beekeeper ] and mix some in when you apply the Lamisil. Raw honey is also an antifungal and helps healing all sorts of wounds.

How is your dragon eating ? He looks pretty thin so I wondered about his appetite .

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, unfortunately it does look fungal, it has classic signs & color of it.
As suggested, try getting the Lamisil anti-fungal cream to put on it, or you can even use
the raw honey too making sure there are no loose insects in the tank to be attracted to it.
What is the humidity in the tank currently?

Tracie

anyperson123

Original Poster
I'm sorry for the late response. I took him to the vet today and he has an Infection. What I thought was stuck shed was actually scabs, I have medications for him now that should help. Yes, he is under weight this is do to the infection, his diet is four waxworms or crickets daily with different greens and vegetables. His tank humidity ranges to 35 to 40.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What type of meds. were prescribed for your little dude ? And will he eat more than 4 crickets ? He should be able to have at least 10-15 if he wants them.

anyperson123

Original Poster
He was prescribed Silver Sulfadiazine cream and Fortaz Injection. I try to get him as much as he wants some days it 4 others it 6 then 3 it's all over the place but 4 is about average.

Draven88

Hatchling Member
anyperson123":1nj643ja said:
He was prescribed Silver Sulfadiazine cream and Fortaz Injection. I try to get him as much as he wants some days it 4 others it 6 then 3 it's all over the place but 4 is about average.

Definitely keep offering food till he is eating more, hopefully once the infection is cleared up that wil also help the appetite. Variety can also help, you may want to try dubia as they can be a favorite of many dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom