cleaning crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I just got my buffalo beetle from aafeeders.com. I keep a thousand bubai at a time and gut load them what do you think would be sufficient amount of beetles in the pen to clean up? also was told i can throw one or two into the terranium to clean up after my beardie?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You probably don't need very many. I use superworms (and their beetles) as cleaner crew in my dubia colony and there are maybe 20 (rough estimate) in a 20g long tank. Easier to add more if needed. You just need enough to keep the frass under control. Unless you are using a bioactive enclosure, I wouldn't add them to your dragon's enclosure unless you intend for them to be a meal.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
thankyou COOPERDRAGON ! I wont put them in the enclosure and continue to clean like norm. So i threw 20 beetles in my dubai. Awhile back i had bought some superworms before i was more educated and im basicly sitting on these big o'l suckers so they also clean the dubai and dont harm the dubai?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
From what I've seen they both tend to ignore eachother. The cleaner crew just picks at leftover food and digs through frass which keeps things smelling relatively neutral and keeps leftover food from molding/rotting to an extent. The frass level in my enclosure has been stable too, so I haven't needed to do the messy chore of digging through it to sift out live bugs and discarding the excess. That was not fun :silent:

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
haha yeah any minimization of cleaning and siffting is good by me lol 8) im sure ill see a diffrence :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom