Let's talk food!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viola

so I feed my baby bearded dragon kale cucombers tomatos apples and other fruites. I think that is good. Oh and also I feed her crikets.Of corse not all at once that would be to much! :lol: :D If you feed you baby anything I did not say could you comment cause i am always looking for new stuff to fee her! :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Here is a website for nutrition --- http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder-- I would lay off the cucumbers tomatoes and apples -- fruit should be fed occasionally and more greens - I would order her some BSFL for another staple feeder and some dubia roaches -- if you need websites for those please ask
Karrie

viola

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1pf09fv8 said:
Here is a website for nutrition --- http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder-- I would lay off the cucumbers tomatoes and apples -- fruit should be fed occasionally and more greens - I would order her some BSFL for another staple feeder and some dubia roaches -- if you need websites for those please ask
Karrie
! Thank you so much for telling me these things

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a good website to reference. Generally you want to focus on offering variety. That's how they get the best nutrients. Picking a stable bug makes it easier to have something available at all times, but it's still good to order some variety now and then. Black soldier fly larvae are a good option to have on hand and are fairly affordable and nutrient rich. Silkworms are good to have when you can find them. They tend to be seasonal. Hornworms are good too, but best for older dragons because they can grow to be quite large. There are plenty of other good options around too.

For veges, it's good to offer 2-3 items from the list that was posted. Just rotate what you offer based on what is fresh and available locally at any given time. This will change with the seasons. Older dragons will tend to pay more attention to veges, so don't worry if a younger dragon ignores them. Just keep offering them (leftovers can go to crickets/roaches). After a while you'll discover what your dragons favorites are and you can keep them on rotation more often (squash for my guy, for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom