Missing but found

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I leave Mari’s door open so she can leave her enclosure if she wants (she can’t escape my room, there are no cats, and I close my door so she can’t leave the room.)
Anyways, she goes missing about once a week because she likes to go hide somewhere to sleep. (I also find poop on the floor sometimes. She’s been good about pooping in a particular spot that’s not carpeted so I can easily clean it up.)
Anyways, I figured in this post I’ll share how I manage to find my “missing” bearded dragon every time within 5 minutes.

First of all, NEVER “flip the house upside down.” If you make a huge mess looking for your bearded dragon, you’re not only making it more difficult for yourself, but you’ll have to clean up your mess.

0. Smell the air. They usually escape to poop. If you smell poop, then your beardie is nearby.
1. Pick up all clothing items off your floor and go put them in the laundry room so they aren’t in your search realm.
2. Close your bedroom door immediately.
3. Check all corners first.
4. Look under your bed.
5. Start looking under other furniture in your room.
6. Check behind curtains
6.5. Look in your closet

If you still can’t find your beardie, these next steps will need to be used:

7. Go look wherever there are power cords. I always find Mari napping on top of extension cords.
8. Check inside of shoes.
9. Go look on the backs of things like baskets - they can hang onto some surfaces and just chill out like a gecko would.
10. Go dissect your couch
11. Look behind and under the refrigerator.
12. Check fake plants. They can easily camouflage.
13. When ever you check a room, start from one corner and make your way to the opposite one.

If you still can’t find your beardie, then you are most likely really bad at looking and you need to do it again. If you see a hole they could’ve gone into to get inside of the wall, then you need to hire some help to find them in the wall

saraho

Hatchling Member
Not gonna lie, this made me laugh. The instructions for finding a missing beardie are very similar to how I instruct children to look for missing library books. :lol:

I'd love to give Charlie the freedom to roam around but our building isn't set up for it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They tend to be creatures of habit. After a while you get to know their main hiding places and it's a snap to find them most of the time. Just a matter of being proactive and blocking off areas you can't easily reach to retrieve a happily napping dragon.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Those are great suggestions! Most of the time that they go missing they are very very close,
assuming you have not accidentally left a door to outside open!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom