RANDOM BLACK BEARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilred6

can someone PLEASE HELP ME. Panini’s beard has been insanely dark for the past few hours and I am so worried this is so random her temps dropped VERY SLIGHTLY in her tank I don’t know if that’s what caused it I don’t know. She gets fed BSFL, collard greens, and butternut squash every morning on her salads and in the afternoon she gets 4 dubias. She’s 6 months old and her tail is shedding idk if that has something to do with it I have no idea what’s happening ive never seen her like this. she’s very alert and she was eating earlier even with the black beard her temperature is 93.7 degrees could it be that?? It’s usually between 95-100 she just took a walk around her tank and came back to her basking spot. I’m so worried that something is wrong but here beard is just dark so idk :( the rest of her body is normal and the end of her tail is a littleee bit dark. Is this her going thru puberty or something???
108939-53434987.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Something is causing the distress -- how old is the dragon? If she is a baby her temps should be 105-110 if she is a juvie temps should be 95-110 --- you did not mention a UVB--- what are you using for a UVB ? Brand and bulb coil or tube and where in the tank is it ? top of screen or inside the tank?
Karrie

lilred6

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1r59wazo said:
Something is causing the distress -- how old is the dragon? If she is a baby her temps should be 105-110 if she is a juvie temps should be 95-110 --- you did not mention a UVB--- what are you using for a UVB ? Brand and bulb coil or tube and where in the tank is it ? top of screen or inside the tank?
Karrie

She has a T5HO 10.0 UVB it sits ontop of her screen next to her basking bulb she’s 6 months old like I said so I would think that makes her a juvenile. Just today the temps lowered a bit to 93.5 I think it’s bc my house is a bit chilly bc I’m in New York so we’re about to go into fall but my room is 77 degrees so idk. I’m thinking that she may be seeing her reflection or maybe it’s bc she hasn’t pooped yet today she’s looking at herself in the reflection of the tank but she hasn’t puffed her beard or anything. I tried giving her a lil collard green leaf but she made a breathing noise that sounded like she was trying to hiss.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed screen like a dime or similar? The basking temps are being taken w/ a stick on or a digital probe thermometer?
Karrie

lilred6

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ktct2b6 said:
The screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed screen like a dime or similar? The basking temps are being taken w/ a stick on or a digital probe thermometer?
Karrie

I have a thermometer that has a probe stuck to the glass that came with the tank but since I found it might be inaccurate I got a digital thermometer as well, but both are in relatively the same range(I keep both in the tank). My basking temp is 93.3 with 26% humidity, the middle is 86 degrees with 35% humidity and the cool side is most likely around 70 degrees but I’m not sure ab the humidity. I just went to my room to check on her, she took a big poo and is looking better. The beard calmed down quite a bit. I feel like I might have fed her too much today. I keep the BSFL in oatmeal and they’ve been eating that, that’s the only thing I’ve really done differently the past few days. I put about 20 of them (They’re quite small) on her salad maybe that’s too much? I also skipped dusting the dubias this past week So could that have also caused this?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need to bump her basking temp up to 105-110-- and it needs to be taken w/ the digital probe thermometer- place it on the bas
king spot for 10 minutes then get temp- the middle of the tank should be in the 90's and cool side during the day 80's- the screen on the tank is ? And the UVB? Brand and bulb coil or tube?
Karrie

lilred6

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3fc05950 said:
You need to bump her basking temp up to 105-110-- and it needs to be taken w/ the digital probe thermometer- place it on the bas
king spot for 10 minutes then get temp- the middle of the tank should be in the 90's and cool side during the day 80's- the screen on the tank is ? And the UVB? Brand and bulb coil or tube?
Karrie

The UVB is a Zoo med Reptisun T5HO 10.0 it is a tube light and the screen is like a screen door (tiny holes) do you want me to send a pic of the setup?

lilred6

Original Poster
KarrieRee":nf73aabh said:
Karrie

The UVB is a Zoo med Reptisun T5HO 10.0 it is a tube light and the screen is like a screen door (tiny holes) do you want me to send a pic of the setup?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is the UVB being obstructed by the screen or do you have it open? If it's obstructed by the screen he's not getting enough UVB- the screen is blocking 30% of the rays-- you would need to move it inside 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor
Karrie

lilred6

Original Poster
KarrieRee":32b7l3km said:
Is the UVB being obstructed by the screen or do you have it open? If it's obstructed by the screen he's not getting enough UVB- the screen is blocking 30% of the rays-- you would need to move it inside 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor
Karrie

It is being obstructed. And I don’t think I have enough height on my tank to put it inside. Is there any other way I would be able to keep the uvb from being obstructed?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Take the screen off -- how high is the tank? If its 18 inches high it would give you 3 inches for a 15" distance --- you would need to lower the basking decor - its easier to do that than mess w/ the UVB- it looks like the fixture is the same length of the tank?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom