UVB Light

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

UVB Light

Postby Meganma1994 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:51 am

So I'm a new owner and I'm supposed to be picking up my new baby tomorrow, I ordered a T5 UVB light fixture and a Reptisun bulb and it hasn't shipped yet so hopefully it will get here by the end of the week. I'm not sure if I can postpone picking him up so I've been worrying about what to do and I totally forgot about the UVB light I have for my bird. This is what I have it's a 5 not a 10, will this be okay just to supplement for the time being until my normal strip light fixture gets here? https://www.ebay.com/itm/163356353588
Meganma1994
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: UVB Light

Postby SarahBancroft » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:25 am

Hi! That definitely isn’t enough for permanent but in a bind it will work...hopefully you won’t have to use it long. If you can, leave the top off the tank so there is no screen or mesh blocking it. If it has to go through screen or mesh it’s basically useless but otherwise will work in a pinch.
SarahBancroft
Newbie Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:07 pm

Moved by Moderator from Advanced Discussion to Enclosures
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:54 am

I would not use the UVB light for the bird -- the dragon will be fine for a few days w/ out it -- just make sure you have the correct placement and distance for the T 5 will it comes -- if you need help please ask some one can help you get it placed
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures