am i doing it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viola

when you got your firstbearded dragon were you scard you were doing it all wrong? Cause I got my beardy a couple of monthes a go and I am scard something is going to happen.Should I be spraying her so she has water because she does not go in her water bowl! I am a new parent so this is my first one so if you have any advice please share it with me! But I love her and I am so happy to have her! :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I was terrified at first. They are so little and it's hard to decipher what their body language says at first. Don't worry though, you'll get the hang of it in time. It's a steep learning curve, especially regarding their lighting/enclosures, but once you have that set it's not so bad. I remember one time I saw Cooper bulging his eyes. I thought he was dying and sat by his tank terrified for the next several hours but he eventually stopped and looked at me like I was crazy. Later found that it's totally normal and he was just stretching his skin for a shed. There are a lot of little things like that. Just come on here and ask if you see anything that concerns you. We'll help you out.

As far as water goes, they don't really need to drink. You can drip water on their nose to see if they lick it up (they will if they are thirsty, they will ignore it or shake their head to make it go away if they aren't). Some of them will drink from a water bowl, especially if you create some movement by flicking it with your fingers, but not all of them will. If they are getting fresh veges and the bugs (roaches/crickets in particular) they are eating are gutloaded with fresh veges (think squash/pumpkin etc) then they will get hydration through their food. They tend to be very efficient about getting the most hydration wherever available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom