HELP WONT STOP COUGHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivetb

Original Poster
Drache613":j5rnhdo3 said:
Hello,

How is your boy doing this evening? Has he thrown up at all?
The dose should be ok, but, if he doesn't have an infection it can affect him negatively &
really dehydrate him also.
If he doesn't have an infection then it wont help him at all really. The Gluconate is fine, as
long as it is dosed properly.
Is his beard still dark today?
Please let us know how he is doing, I hope he is not as critical today.

Tracie

He was coughing but not as much as the past day when i first got him back. He mostly seems to be exhaling and opening his mouth instead. His beard got regular luckily yesterday. But now I see a little darkness back. His tail also seems to be just a little dark also.

ivetb

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1zlf3qv9 said:
Tracie is on late at nite so all responses come late at nite --- she can help the most w/ his medical in the meantime did you get your UVB situated?
Karrie

Yes I moved the UVB closer to him about 8 inches and got the reflector in place.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I’d force him to be at a downward position (aka if you see him basking, put a rolled up wash cloth under his butt so he’s tipped downward) for a few days just so he is able to drain his lungs.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your little one doing? Hopefully his beard goes back to a normal color soon. If he
is feeling better he shouldn't be coughing anymore, either.
Be sure to keep him warm overnight too right, around 75-80 is good.

Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

ivetb

Original Poster
loljelloclowdz":22abpcqm said:
I’d force him to be at a downward position (aka if you see him basking, put a rolled up wash cloth under his butt so he’s tipped downward) for a few days just so he is able to drain his lungs.

Okay I’ll keep that in mind but he seems to have stopped coughing but if he starts again I will for sure do that. Thank you.

ivetb

Original Poster
Drache613":3jphmmbo said:
Hello,

How is your little one doing? Hopefully his beard goes back to a normal color soon. If he
is feeling better he shouldn't be coughing anymore, either.
Be sure to keep him warm overnight too right, around 75-80 is good.

Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

He has stopped coughing so much like he did before luckily. His beard has also started looking more normal. How could I keep him warmer over night, I’m not sure how. Would I need another bulb?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No invest in a CHE -- ceramic heat emitter - they come in different bulb wattages and look like a solid coil produce heat NO light --- you will need a dome w/ a ceramic socket --- place on the back of the tank middle on top of screen - it will keep your tank warmer at nite I use them for my 120 gallon tanks in the winter - bulb is a 100 watt -
Karrie

ivetb

Original Poster
KarrieRee":wfwfue4a said:
No invest in a CHE -- ceramic heat emitter - they come in different bulb wattages and look like a solid coil produce heat NO light --- you will need a dome w/ a ceramic socket --- place on the back of the tank middle on top of screen - it will keep your tank warmer at nite I use them for my 120 gallon tanks in the winter - bulb is a 100 watt -
Karrie

Do you have any recommendations? I just wanna make sure I get the best one.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I use a dome fixture w/ a ceramic socket zoo med che 100 watt for a 120 gallon tank but you may need to get something so you can adjust height- like a stand mine sit on top of the screen and it's 24" high and temps are around 70 in the winter
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news he is doing better now. So he isn't coughing any right now?
I would still try to keep him a little warmer overnight to help boost his immune system,
in case he has developed a little bit of a respiratory issue.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom