Depressed/Sick Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. (This is a Behavior/Health Topic)

I am a first-time reptile owner, and my beardie is currently a year & a month old.
Recently, I have noticed that she constantly hangs out on the right side of her tank, (even though I have basking lamps on both sides), and she stays in the corner 95% of the day. In fact, some days, she won't from the spot at all. I'm quite worried, because I feel like this is not normal behavior; she doesn't seem to want to bask anymore. Although I have basking lamps on both sides, she stays on the "cooler" side from morning to night. Most of the time, she closes her eyes during the day too!
Another issue, is that she used to love to eat salads, but now, the only thing she wants to eat, is protein. I understand that as an adult lizard, she needs to be consuming more greens than protein in her diet, and she refuses to eat anything BUT protein these days! It's extremely worrying.

I'm at a loss for a solution, but I love her endlessly, so I want her to be the happiest and healthiest that she can be.

PLEASE HELP! :(
Below I have attached a photo of the tank, and you can see the corner that she won't move from as well. (She looks so sad ugh)

TANK SIZE: 40 Gallon
LOCATION OF TANK: Not directly near window, but there are a few windows throughout my room, that remain open during the day.
TEMPS: Both sides have basking lamps. Hot Side: 96-102 Middle: 95 Cool Side: 90-86
LAMPS: (All lights are on timers) 2 domed 100W Basking Bulbs, 1 10.0 ReptiSun "Strip" Lamp
TEMP GAGES: 1 Mounted Digital Thermostat (Equipped with a probe for spot temp checking), 2 Humidity Thermostat Readers, mounted on both sides of the tank
SUBSTRATE: Tile Floor
FEEDING: Calcium dusted wax worms 2 times a week (as a treat), 10 Superworms Every Day, or 10 Crickets Every Day (I switch off by the week), Calcium dusted salad with fresh kale, bell peppers, squash, blueberries, other veggies/fruit etc every day
BATHS: Bath once a week, Lightly Brushing over her with a soft bristled toothbrush
HANDLING: I handle her for 10-15 mins every day
WEIGHT: About 500 grams
LENGTH: About 19 inches

109306-6430254979.jpg
109306-4464795855.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I personally think she's trying to cool down. She just needs one hot basking side the other cool side needs to be 75-80. Try that and see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom