Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am new to this community and wanted to introduce my Beardie Jasper. I’ve had Jasper since she was about two months old and she is now a bit over three years old. We’ve had some difficulties in the past with her egg laying so she was spayed for her own health and sanity. She loves laying on her hammocks and can’t resist squash treats.
109141-7122227675.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome Jasper if you have any questions please ask and you can go here and read some tips or help
viewtopic.php?p=1945606
Jasper looks good --- but she looks like she has outgrown her tank :)
Karrie

Sparky9732

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3v2egncn said:
Welcome Jasper if you have any questions please ask and you can go here and read some tips or help
viewtopic.php?p=1945606
Jasper looks good --- but she looks like she has outgrown her tank :)
Karrie

She is currently in a 36X24X18 and I’m working on upgrading her so she has more room.

Hello! I am also a new member, I was lucky to get given my whole setup with my rescue dragon Moni, her viv is huge! it takes up a whole bay window lol. Your dragon looks nice, is this your first one?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Sparky9732":15wjdzeg said:
Her new setup.
109141-9747189162.jpg
Ok it looks nice but I dont see a UVB and the basking light looks like a yellowish off color bulb -- what are the basking temps and are you getting them w/ the probe on the hammock it self or off the wall - you want a bright white basking bulb no off color yellowish -- and you need to get basking temps w/ the probe on the hammock to be correct -
Karrie

Sparky9732

Original Poster
Her new setup.
109141-9747189162.jpg
This picture was later at night after I had finished the setup so only one of her lights are on. She has a strip light and a bulb for uvb and she has two heat lamps that get her basking to about 97-105 depending on the temp of my house. I have a handheld temp gauge and there are 3 different sensors in the tank for the temp and humidity.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb please- I have the same tank set up - I was using a Arcadia 14% when this pic was taken so that is why it is strapped to the top of the tank - the screen on my tank is stainless but it is fine mesh and w/ the height of the tank its inside I am now using a Reptisun T 5 -
The hammock will throw temps off if your using a IR heat gun --
97951-8462642594.jpg
I recommend you get the UVB inside the tank - and get your basking area lower - if your basking bulb is a off yellowish I would recommend you get a bright white as well - you want to mimic the sun
Karrie

Sparky9732

Original Poster
The strip uvb is a Thrive 18 inch desert uvb bulb. It’s a t8 15watt. The other uvb is a exoterra reptile uvb150, 26watt bulb( it’s in the double lamp)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so you dont need two UVB's I would get rid of the coil in the dome and keep the strip T 8 the one in the strip is what brand? Is it a Zilla bulb? If so I would replace it w/a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 much better bulb - the coil I dont have much faith in they however are better than the 13 watt that cause all kinds of health issues -- the T 8 needs to be placed inside the tank - since they are not as strong as the T 5's they need to go inside w/ a distance of 6-8 inches directly above basking decor-- and the plastic cover needs to be off - bulb needs to be exposed ---- also the T 8 needs to be replaced every 6 months - I would replace about a month prior to
Karrie

Sparky9732

Original Poster
I will be getting a mountable strip lamp with a reptisun t8 on Wednesday. I took out the fabric hammock and I will take out the coil uvb as well.

Sparky9732

Original Poster
TheWhiteWolf":2ruw8hmy said:
Hello! I am also a new member, I was lucky to get given my whole setup with my rescue dragon Moni, her viv is huge! it takes up a whole bay window lol. Your dragon looks nice, is this your first one?
She is my first dragon. :) She has been with me for three years. She was my first step into reptiles and now I have a crested gecko as well.

Sparky9732

Original Poster
109141-1421926986.jpg
Final setup. She has a t8 mounted uvb and she has her solarglo heat lamp with a ceramic heat emitter to keep her basking spot/area at a nice 97-103. Her favorite place is still on her hammock which hasn’t changed from her older setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom