How to install terranium into inside of tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new 10.0 UVB bulb along with a hood, but because i have a fine mesh cover i think i have to install it inside the tank but i’m not sure how to go about that. And as far as heating, a 100w bulb is only going to 90 degrees with my baby beardie which i know is too cool. Should i go up to 150 or is that too drastic

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First tell me what the UVB is a T 8 or a T 5? That is going to tell me distance for bulb -next how are you getting the basking temp? NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- that will tell you if you need to go up a wattage -- basking temps 105-110 for a baby -- 95-110 for a juvie/ adult
Karrie

LoraLizard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3icpnep6 said:
First tell me what the UVB is a T 8 or a T 5? That is going to tell me distance for bulb -next how are you getting the basking temp? NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- that will tell you if you need to go up a wattage -- basking temps 105-110 for a baby -- 95-110 for a juvie/ adult
Karrie

The UVB is a t5 going in a 40 gallon tank. I have digital thermometer that sticks on

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok make sure your getting the basking temp where the dragon sits for basking that will give the actual basking temp---- the T 5 need to be 12-15 inches above basking decor piece -
Karrie

LoraLizard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":77ot7zqu said:
Ok make sure your getting the basking temp where the dragon sits for basking that will give the actual basking temp---- the T 5 need to be 12-15 inches above basking decor piece -
Karrie

This is her in her basking area, her thermometer is right behind her. Should i get her a new basking decor piece since it’ll be too high up to install the new UVB light.
109154-2973484872.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Get your uvb situated first then work on decor piece- it's easier to move decor than lights- you need her to be 12-15 inches under it
Karrie

LoraLizard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":chvlfryv said:
Get your uvb situated first then work on decor piece- it's easier to move decor than lights- you need her to be 12-15 inches under it
Karrie

Honestly i’m just completely lost on trying to install this uvb. I can’t even find youtube videos

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
All you need is some 3 M Velcro command fasteners--long plastic zip ties- fishing line-shoe laces potted plant wire hangers- picture wire hangers- use one of those
Karrie

LoraLizard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":br282clf said:
All you need is some 3 M Velcro command fasteners--long plastic zip ties- fishing line-shoe laces potted plant wire hangers- picture wire hangers- use one of those
Karrie

Okay i’ll stop at the store and probably do the velcro command strips, as far as the heating, it looks like i have my thermometer right under the basking and highest it goes it 91. I want to change to the 150w but is that too dramatic for a 40 gallon tank? I noticed she hasn’t been eating as much, usually she runs over to her food bowl right away but these passed few days she hasn’t but she’s still very active. The UVB tube will be up by tomorrow

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is there a probe on the digital thermometer? I dont see one all I see is the reader itself? You want a probe sitting on that spot where she is sitting-- if its not the temp you need after getting that reading then replace w/ the 150 but you must have a actual temp of where she is sitting-
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/environmental-control-and-lighting/zoo-med-reptile-terrarium-digital-thermometer-14914.html?cgid=500202
Her UVB and the basking temps are going to play a huge role in her eating basking pooping and over all health -- get that all correct and you will see a change
Karrie

LoraLizard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":37iu2wst said:
Is there a probe on the digital thermometer? I dont see one all I see is the reader itself? You want a probe sitting on that spot where she is sitting-- if its not the temp you need after getting that reading then replace w/ the 150 but you must have a actual temp of where she is sitting-
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/environmental-control-and-lighting/zoo-med-reptile-terrarium-digital-thermometer-14914.html?cgid=500202
Her UVB and the basking temps are going to play a huge role in her eating basking pooping and over all health -- get that all correct and you will see a change
Karrie

Does the probe always stay where she will be sitting? like does it sit on top of a decor piece? I also just set up my UVB tube using 5 velcro strips thags hold 16lbs, how does this setup look? heat lamp will go above it on top of the screen
109154-9139891723.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It does not haft to -- its good to spot check every once in a while -- your UVB is full length of the tank? we recommend only 2/3rd of the tank - you may haft to cover up half of it - you dont want the dragon hiding from the UVB
Karrie

LoraLizard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2un2c7r9 said:
It does not haft to -- its good to spot check every once in a while -- your UVB is full length of the tank? we recommend only 2/3rd of the tank - you may haft to cover up half of it - you dont want the dragon hiding from the UVB
Karrie

Nope it’s not the whole tank the other side isn’t pictured, and i will order a thermometer. I’m just worried the bulb is too far back, will that make a difference?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No as long as the dragon can get directly under it w/ the proper distance -- but I would consider if you start having issues w/ hiding you might want to cover half of it up - they need to be able to sit in the tank w/ out having to hide from the UVB --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom