Beardie Enrichment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

My female beardie is about 1 year and a month old. When she was younger, she had quite the personality, and was extremely curious, and playful. Now, she doesn't seem to want to do any of the things she previously enjoyed.
I know this sounds silly, but I believe she might be bored. I work from 9-5 every day (except weekends), so I don't get to play with her a lot, until I get back home.
I have researched multiple different ways to play with your beardie, tried them all out, and NOTHING has seemed to spark her attention. I've seen countless videos online of other bearded dragons enjoying these fun things, but she seems to want nothing to do with them. I understand that some beardies are different than others, but it seems odd that she doesn't enjoy at least ONE of these things!
I have tried:
- Playing with a laser pointer with her
- Trying to get her to play with a stuffed animal
- Cat toys
- Small balls
- Mirrors
- Climbing accessories
- Playing with bug games on a screen
- Watching TV

Please help! Is it normal for a beardie to not like any of these activities? She seems so bored and depressed, I really want to get her to have some fun, but I'm just not sure what else I can try.
Thanks guys! :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She needs to sit in a LR window and be able to look out - that seems to entertain them for a while - dragons are not one to "play" their main thing is to lounge around and hang ---- some like to watch TV as the screen changes they can see different colors etc----
Karrie

saraho

Hatchling Member
I like Karrie's window suggestion. That's my Charlie's favorite thing to do other than actually go outside to walk. I'm worried about boredom too, since South Dakota gets cold and stays that way for a long time. I'm hoping to keep him entertained and happy here at the library (I don't think he can winter at my house as I had originally hoped.)

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
westcoastlizardlady":301pmg0n said:
Hello!

My female beardie is about 1 year and a month old. When she was younger, she had quite the personality, and was extremely curious, and playful. Now, she doesn't seem to want to do any of the things she previously enjoyed.
I know this sounds silly, but I believe she might be bored. I work from 9-5 every day (except weekends), so I don't get to play with her a lot, until I get back home.
I have researched multiple different ways to play with your beardie, tried them all out, and NOTHING has seemed to spark her attention. I've seen countless videos online of other bearded dragons enjoying these fun things, but she seems to want nothing to do with them. I understand that some beardies are different than others, but it seems odd that she doesn't enjoy at least ONE of these things!
I have tried:
- Cat toys
- Small balls
- Mirrors
- Climbing accessories
- Watching TV

Please help! Is it normal for a beardie to not like any of these activities? She seems so bored and depressed, I really want to get her to have some fun, but I'm just not sure what else I can try.

They get kinda grumpy when they get older. Mari wants nothing to do with toys. ?

westcoastlizardlady

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2y0yi6gk said:
She needs to sit in a LR window and be able to look out - that seems to entertain them for a while - dragons are not one to "play" their main thing is to lounge around and hang ---- some like to watch TV as the screen changes they can see different colors etc----
Karrie

Thats a great suggestion. Thank you!

westcoastlizardlady

Original Poster
loljelloclowdz":vwo29yz6 said:
westcoastlizardlady":vwo29yz6 said:
Hello!

I have tried:
- Cat toys
- Small balls
- Mirrors
- Climbing accessories
- Watching TV

They get kinda grumpy when they get older. Mari wants nothing to do with toys. ?

I swear thats so true lol! She is so grumpy all the time.

I'm sorry, but... she's a lizard. Their brain is about the size of a pea, and while they are intelligent little guys and I love my beardies to death, they're lizards. They're not dogs or cats; they don't "play." They can't get bored. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom