Organic dry food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!
I was just wondering if anyone knows a good source to get some organic dry food for the beardies?
I was looking at the ingredients in the fluker's try food, and it has a lot of corn and soy.

Is there a better 'dragon chow' out there?

Thanks so much!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Most on here do not feed dry food everything is fresh - here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Most on here feed live insects and order on line we dont recommend canned jarred or frozen or packaged -- its not very nutritional
Karrie

damein1234

Original Poster
Thanks for the input!
My guys are 14 and have always, ALWAYS been a struggle to give veggies to.
For all 14 of our years together, they waste 98% of all of the veggies I buy for them.
But they will eat mouthfulls of the gross flukes pellets. They will clean the dish every week of that.
I will mix in the pellets with their veggies and they seem to accidentally eat more greens that way- but I really REALLY want to get them off those pellets.
Is there no organic pellets that i can use instead?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I don't know have you tried googling that---- you can try PMing drache613 she's the vet tech mod on here- she might point you in the right direction- click on her name her profile will come up find PM
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A great question indeed! You are absolutely correct, pretty much all of the commercialized
feed/pellets, etc are genetically modified ingredient based with soy & corn which is harmful
to their health.
I have not found any organic ones thus far. An idea would be to get some organic crunchy
plant based cereal like timothy hay pellets, alfalfa grass pellets, or something along that
nature. I will see if I can look around for more ideas, if you need.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom