Propel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... this is completely random, I know. But I’m gonna shoot my shot. My bearded dragon will NOT drink water no matter what. She just really don’t like anything that doesn’t have taste. So, I thought, do you guys think a bearded dragon can drink Propel, or flavored water? It has no sugar.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What are the ingredients of Propel, I haven't looked at a label lately? I am pretty sure it
should be ok, in small amounts. Pedialyte is used for them, so Propel should be alright.
What type of sweetener is in it?

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It should be ok, but I don't think it will have the intended result you are looking for.

I'm not sure dragons have the same taste preferences as humans. So while sweet flavored drinks might entice humans to drink water, it might not have the same effect on dragons. What methods have you tried to use to get your dragon to drink already? Some dragons will very rarely drink, especially if they get ample moisture from their salads and prey. It's always beneficial to get them to drink a little extra if they need it, but unless your dragon is dehydrated, I'd probably er away from flavoring the water as a method.
Just my thoughts though. :)

-Brandon

saraho

Hatchling Member
Charlie rarely drinks water but he shows no signs of dehydration. I usually make sure to rinse his greens or give him a wetter type of vegetable -- his current obsession is red bell peppers -- and he seems to do fine.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Omg I totally forgot that drink existed.
I remember when I was little my dad showed me a trick where you just squirt the bottle (it was the twisty-cap) into your mouth from like a foot away. I miss those drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom