Bleeding from mouth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipunzal

I have been nursing a beardie back to life since late March. He was neglected a lot by his previous owner. He has MBD, couldn't walk, too weak to eat so has to be fed with a syringe, etc. We've come a long way with him and definitely have more to go. We had 2 vet visit thurs far, one where part of his tail died and fell off (we were given a cream to help heal the open wound) and the second he had bloody stool which we were also given antibiotics for. We live in Chicago and our weather this week has been cool and gloomy. I used to take him outside everyday over the summer! I am now noticing that he has some bleeding that is on the left side of his face (left if you are looking straight at him). It is not a lot and it ONLY happen when he is drinking out of a syringe. It has never happened before. When he is actually eating, example meal worms, there is no blood and when I look at his mouth as he chews, there is no signs of blood at all. But anytime I feed him any type of liquid through a syringe, it just slowly comes out of the side of his mouth and only on that left side. Its not pouring out, I am able to wipe it off the crease of his mouth with a q-tip. I have no idea whats going on.

Is this mouth rot?

Its very hard to open his mouth to check, hes stubborn. The times I have been able to, I don't see any cuts.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I was going to say get a pic of the mouth -- it may take two of you to do that - use a tongue depresser if you can to pry open his mouth and I would go in on the opposite side of the side hes bleeding from - it sounds like hes got a cut that is opened when you syringe feed him -- you can post the pic
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I wouldn't be trying to force a dragon's mouth open to get photos , this will be very risky and you could do more damage .

Your best bet is to take the dragon to a reptile vet who can anesthetize the dragon so it's relaxed enough to allow an examination and perhaps some minor surgical repair work to be down whiles it's under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom