Weather/Fires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzz24

Hello! I live in SoCal where the fires are going on and it has been Smokey outside and hiding the sun making it cooler and darker outside. Can this be affecting beardies energy levels making them more lazy and wanting to hide?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would think so --- I have been thinking about all the people on this forum that are being effected by this --- I know of one that I helped a while back that lives in San Francisco -- I am very worried about everyone out in the west coast area -- I wish there was more I could do to help but I live in the midwest and no where near CA or Oregon
Karrie

I’m actually one mile away from the Valley fire in Southern California. My beardie has been acting weird too, along with my iguana. Don’t worry too much :) just make sure they stay inside

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would have to say that weather, odd weather changes, fires, etc would definitely affect
your dragon's behavior. I would keep him indoors though as the wind & smoke will likely
be harmful for him as well as you.
Is the air pretty polluted?

Tracie

Buzz24

Original Poster
Stay safe ReptileHouse906!!
And it’s just Smokey outside and all dark. And he definitely won’t be going outside. It’s crazy how they can sense it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom